Monday, July 12, 2010

FashionBay: When technical issues get in the way!


I don't know about you ladies and fashion conscious gents (gays and metro's), but I crave to buy a bag every now and then. But I have that one major itch once a year and I have been suffering for 3 weeks now, or more. But, I did realise that ever since I have pledged to only buy classic pieces-pricey or not, my bag splurging has been minimal. I only bought 3 bags from August 2009 to this month, almost a year! My first Chanel 2.55, a stupid knock-off Chanel Sequin bag from that dodgy website (NEVER AGAIN!!!), and a large black patent clutch from Collette for only $12.50! So, last night I remembered a tweet I received from @fashionbayfan saying that they have sold a LV bag for $3 or some meagre price. So I took my (my boyfriend's) iPAD to bed and started browsing and created a fashionbay account. Was so excited to find out that they had a Gucci "Joy" medium Boston Bag on Auction starting at $1.17!!! They said everything they sell is Authentic and can be returned in 14days so that's all bells ringing for me! So, I went to work this morning ready to bid the hell out of this bad (doesn't make sense, i know) just to be kicked out of the website 5 seconds before the time finished. So I sent them a complaint and received a response within 5minutes. Enoch from fashionbay told me that the website experienced some technical issues around that time and all they can do is return the bids I used. Each bid costs $.80 and they threw in 5 free bids for my inconvenience. Well, the bidder won the bag for only $2.38!!! I could have won the damn thing! Enoch did say that they will be auctioning another Gucci Joy bag soon. So, I will be getting ready for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment